Monday, June 23, 2008

Box Office Results, and a Call for Volunteers

It seems people were even more turned off by Mike Meyers' latest than I'd anticipated.
  1. Get Smart ($39.2 million)
  2. Kung Fu Panda ($21.7 million)
  3. The Incredible Hulk ($21.6 million)
  4. The Love Guru ($14 million)
  5. The Happening ($10 million)
  6. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ($8.4 million)
  7. You Don’t Mess With the Zohan ($7.2 million)
  8. Sex and the City ($6.5 million)
  9. Iron Man ($4 million)
  10. The Strangers ($1.9 million)
I caught Get Smart over the weekend, and I thought it was a lot of fun. Steve Carell was great, Anne Hathaway was lovely, and the rest of the cast kept pace. As much as I liked it, my boomer parents loved it and belly-laughed through the entire film. It gets a solid 3 ½ stars from me.

It was a movie-filled week for me:
And most importantly, I finished my read-through and edits on Tea. So, I now have a shiny, new second draft ready for readers. If there are any volunteers out there who have two or three hours to dedicate to reading this aspiring screenwriter's work, let me know. I will reciprocate with 1) reading/editing something of yours, 2) giving you an acknowledgment if I ever publish a novel, 3) a coffee drink of your choice, and/or 4) a hug.