Friday, June 06, 2008

Box Office Predictions: 6 June 2008

Trying my hand again this week, and it doesn't look easy. We've got Kung Fu Panda and You Don't Mess with the Zohan opening in wide release this week. I'm banking that Kung Fu Panda will take No. 1 followed by You Don't Mess with the Zohan, but what about No. 3?

I think any of last week's Top 5 could plausibly take the No. 3 spot, with the exception of The Strangers, though it did surprise me by taking No. 3 last week. I think I've proven that I have a soft spot for The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, but I think Iron Man and Indy 4 have a better shot at taking the third spot. I'm guessing the majority of moviegoers interested in seeing Sex & the City saw it last weekend based on the drop in numbers from Friday to Saturday. I've got no long-winded analysis today, so I'll just bite the bullet and choose one.
  1. Kung Fu Panda
  2. You Don't Mess with the Zohan
  3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
And here's hoping that Iron Man and Prince Caspian can round out the Top 5.