Friday, August 08, 2008

Box Office Predictions: 8 August 2008

Our wide releases this week include Apatow stoner action comedy Pineapple Express and unapologetically chick flick The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Both of these movies opened on Wednesday, and it looks like Pineapple Express is finally going to dethrone The Dark Knight.

Official Predictions
1. Pineapple Express
2. The Dark Knight
3. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2


On a side note, they've also released the first promotional pic for next year's Dorian Gray.

I was a little nervous about the casting choice of Colin Firth as Lord Henry (in my opinion, he was perfectly suited for Basil), but this picture gives me a bit more confidence. And really, between Colin Firth and Ben Barnes, it's hard to complain too much.

Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorite novels, and I'm ridiculously excited about this film adaptation. So, fair warning, you'll have to excuse my occasional squee-induced off-topic postings about this movie for probably the next year or so.